The mission of the Department of Mass Communications is to educate students in the theoretical and practical dimensions of journalism and electronic media. Graduates will be prepared for advanced study and to practice as competent and effective mass media professionals.
The Mass Communications Department is designed to accomplish the following:
- To educate students for mass communications and related professions.
- To provide practical experience to students by supplementing classroom instruction.
- To prepare students to design and produce media content.
- To encourage student participation in community service by producing content for WSNC 90.5 FM, RAM-TV, The News Argus, and community-based media agencies.
- To develop a professional relationship with media entities and place student interns.