The mission of the Department of Human Service Studies is to provide the quality academic and co-curricular learning experiences necessary to produce outstanding professionals. Our goal is to prepare students to enter professions that focus on helping individuals to improve and maintain their overall quality of life.
- To provide major programs which prepare students for entry level professional positions or graduate school admission
- To provide a variety of courses in wellness and leisure (as part of the general education and service curricula) which promote lifelong health and leisure.
- To model effective teaching behaviors which promote student learning
- To increase faculty scholarship in the disciplines or in teaching effectiveness.
- To provide excellent advising and mentoring
- To provide service to community agencies through a focus on experiential learning of students.
The programs offered include the following:
- Rehabilitation Studies and Human Services
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Addiction Studies
- Deaf Studies
- Rehabilitation Studies