The Division of Nursing at Winston-Salem State University is a national premier nursing school based on excellence in education, research and public service, as well as diversity in student population and program offerings.
As a leader in nursing education, the Winston-Salem State University Division of Nursing provides diverse populations a transformative educational experience rooted in the HBCU traditions. Excellent, accessible and responsive programs at the baccalaureate, masters and doctoral levels prepare graduates to be leaders assuring health equity of underserved individuals and communities; providing compassionate, evidence-based, and culturally responsive care; and educating our next generation of nurses.
The Division places a high priority on encouraging its students to adopt the following set of values:
- Sensitivity to a patient’s culture, race, religion and other personal factors;
- Compassion for a patient’s physical, emotional and social issues;
- Sympathy with a patient’s suffering;
- Willingness to provide health care for all individuals regardless of their race, religion, creed, sex, national origin, health insurance status, socioeconomic status or place of residence;
- Determination that avoidable errors and omissions in health care must not occur; and
- Dedication to assuring patient satisfaction with their health care.
Go to Nursing
Return to: School/College/Departments