Return to: Undergraduate Programs
Students who minor in speech communication must earn a grade of C or above in all courses taken for the minor.
The minor in speech communication requires 18 hours beyond the course taken to complete the general education oral communication requirement. Courses should be chosen from among the following:
• CMS 2321 - Oral Interpretation of Literature
• CMS 2341 - Fundamentals of Speech *
• CMS 2343 - Voice and Diction
• CMS 3320 - Intercultural Communication
• CMS 3340 - Interpersonal Communication
• CMS 3350 - Group Discussion
• CMS 3360 - Argumentation and Debate
• CMS 3370 - Phonetics
• CMS 4345 - Advanced Public Speaking
• DRA 2313 - Acting
*All students minoring in speech communication must complete CMS 2341 - Fundamentals of Speech . It may be taken to fulfill the general education oral communication requirement or counted as part of the minor.